Tuesday, January 27, 2009

2nd Semester Kick-Off!

We started the second semester today with a kick-off. We'll be holding team meetings each day during the next two weeks to focus on both study skills as well as making more classroom connections. Other changes include a new, "Star Sticks for Star Students" incentive/management program that was explained in an email earlier today, some exciting new things in Readers Workshop, a new science unit and social studies unit as well.

We are very excited to be celebrating a great first 1/2 of the year with this group of kids and can't wait to see all that the second 1/2 entails.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI MRs. Olson. I have a queation for the study guide. I do not have my protractor for numbers 5,6,13,14 I think. Would that be a late slip or not. I tried emailing you but you did not get back to me before I left.

Anonymous said...

I think that this is going to be a very fun quarter, and the star sticks for star students thing is so cool! Also, I'm going to be in the skit. But I was hoping to act in the skit not to say praises. I turned out to be a praise speaker, beacause I wasn't there yesterday. Katrina and Kendall knew how bad I wanted to be an actor, anyways, I'm just really upset. I really wish I could act in the skit. Too bad for me, huh?

Anonymous said...

This is going to be an awesome quarter for me! I am doing very well right now...
Also, I am felling sorry for you, Pheobe. I really wish that you whould be able to act...

Anonymous said...

This is going to be an awesome quarter for me! I am doing very well right now...
Also, I am felling sorry for you, Pheobe. I really wish that you whould be able to act...

Anonymous said...

I really like the star sticks and love getting candy at the end of the day!