
Today as we were working on an Open Response in math I was delighted to see some of the best team work I've seen all year. The students were given a problem (a challenging one to say the least) and put into groups of three to work on it. One of the steps was finding the volume of 42 inches of rain in our classroom.
Groups began working, the humm of conversation got a little louder and before I knew it not one group but all of the groups together were measuring the length and width of our classroom. They stood in a line with meter sticks end to end and came up with the measurements. Every word I heard was encouraging and supportive. It was one of those teacher moments that you beam from the inside out. Not because they were getting the correct mathematical answer (which many of them did actually) but because they were working as a collective team without any guidance from me. It was SO great to see.
I am REALLY proud of you 4th graders. It's the little things that you do in life to help others that truly makes a difference. GREAT job today.




1 comment:
That was a really fun lesson! I hope unit 12 is as fun as unit 11!!!
Post a Comment