Wednesday, October 8, 2008

WOW - What a day!

Wow...I'm not quite sure where today went. We spent a lot of time learning today but it seemed to fly by. Here's a synopsis of what we did:

Math: Prepared for our math test that is Friday. We went into the computer lab, played some math games and met with small groups for review and challenge activities.

Election: We talked about what voting means and why it's so important. We then voted on our next class party which was earned today. The overwhelming vote was for a pizza/ice cream party.

Reading: Our focus was on inferences, particularly predictions. We read our independent books and linked clues from the test to our inferences.

Writing: Publishing starts on Monday so we had a large chunk of writing time today on our personal narratives. It was a very productive period of time.

Social Studies: We started social studies today after finishing up our science unit yesterday! Our first area of study will be map skills and we'll follow with an overview of the United States landforms, climate and resources.

So all in all it was an awesome day. I'm just not sure where the time went. We must have been having a good time!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that was a fun day too!!!!!

Mrs. Olson and Mrs. Gehrke said...

Wow, fourth graders, what an exciting day of great learning for you all! Mrs. Dupee and I are so proud of you and your excitement for learning! Thanks! :)