Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Subtraction Methods!

Today in our Everyday Math lesson, we learned two methods to do subtraction problems. The first method is called Trade-First and the second method is called Partial-Differences. Wouldn't it be fun to teach your parents about the second method because they probably aren't familiar with that method at all. Give it a try with 437 - 94 =

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked the sums method because it was not that hard its pretty much just subtracting. I really like the blog!

Anonymous said...

I think that the subtraction meathod was pretty easy. But some people needed help.

Mrs. Olson and Mrs. Gehrke said...

Yes, like we talked about today we all have different strengths and weaknesses! I'm glad to hear that it went well for you Agathe. It sounds like you could be a good helper for others in our classroom.

Anonymous said...

i thought that those subtractions methods were helpful to me !