Friday, March 27, 2009

Book Club Reading

We have our calendars all set with pages and leaders assigned. You'll find a summary below. Students need to come to each meeting with their response sheets filled out(at least 3 responses per box), their books in hand, and be ready to share their thinking!

I haven't seen this group this excited about books before and it just makes us giddy! What more could a teacher ask for then to have her students ask, "Mrs. Dupee can we have more time to read?"

TANGERINE:
March 31 - Done with Part 1, Phoebe, Becca
April 6 - Done with Part 2, Kendall, Andre
April 20 - Done with Book, Mitchell, Sam

THE WAR WITH GRANDPA:
March 31 - Done with Chapters 1-10, Mariah, Joe
April 6 - Done with Chapters 11-20, Evan, Max
April 20 - Done with Book, Lexi, Nathan

HOW TO EAT FRIED WORMS:
April 1 - Done with page 37, Aly, Hayden
April 7 - Done with page 70, Carson, Agathe
April 21 - Done with Book, Darryl, Makenzie

WHITTINGTON:
April 1 - Done with page 39, Sophia, Christina
April 7 - Done with page 95, Brielle
April 21 - Done with Book, Katrina

WOODSONG:
April 1 - Done with Chapters 1-3, Alex
April 8 - Done with Chapters 4-6, Caroline
April 22 - Done with Book, Emily, Jordan

Happy Reading Boys and Girls. We can't wait to hear you talk all about your books!!

4 comments:

Andre said...

Hey Mrs. Dupee some of the songs on the blog are not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. DeRubeis said...

Dear All,

I am so impressed with your very complete blog and all of the books that you're reading and doing for book club!!

I am going to do some summer book club things with 3, 4, and 5th graders at Meno Falls Public Library, and I was checking out your site for books you love!!

You never let me down! :) Keep up the great work!!

agathe said...

I really llike the book HOW TO EAT FRIED WORMS!!!:)
-Agathe

Caroline said...

I LOVE LOVE book clubs!!! It is sooooooooooo much fun! I LOVE the book Woodsong! One part was really discusting though!


P.S. I did not know that mrs.DeRubeis looks at our blog! Cool!