Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oh! What a day!

When one of us (teachers that is) is absent and we don't have the phone conversation each afternoon about the day's learning and events on the way home from school, we feel a bit out of touch... so I was so happy to see the smiling faces today and be with your children! The day flew by and we had a day with lots of learning. Here are some of the highlights...
We took attendance and lunch count on the SMARTBoard this morning for the first time!
In math, we played Multiplication Wrestling and worked on writing number models using estimations and finding estimated products!
In our class meeting, we did our key drawing and we read two stories about courage!
We did our preview for our Unit 8 in spelling and founds many words that rhyme with state (different spelling patterns: ate, ait, eight)!
We shared some Tell Us Something Good snippets!
We read three chapters of our new read aloud book, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo.
In reading, we read a fable, took a traditional literature quiz, and read our independent reading books.
In writing, we started a new unit entitled Writing Traditional Literature.
After recess, we did our one-minute timing for multiplication/division facts.
And finally in science, we finished our self-propelled go-carts and reviewed some for our test on Friday.
Oh! What a great day of learning, fourth graders! Thanks for your hard work!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got picked for the first time when Hayden picked the keys!!!! =) 8) ;) :)

Anonymous said...

I have really never been picked! You're lucky. But... I am pactient, so I can take it.

Anonymous said...

I still have not had lunch with the teacher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i was the first picked!