Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Our Social Contract

Our class has finished our social contract!  After a lot of great thinking, teamwork, and creativity THE LAWS OF ROOM 223 are ready to be hung on the wall.  Together, we decided the following should be part of our contract: (you'll see our classmates speaking the phrases in the picture above)

Follow school rules
Give each other needed time and space
Treat boys and girls fair
Be respectful
Use kind and gentle voices
Follow directions
Take turns
Be responsible for your homework
Be kind
Be honest

We plan on putting signatures by our names tomorrow and then hanging it up on the wall.  It's a great reminder of what a safe, positive learning environment we all want to be part of.  We are very proud of our fantastic fourth graders!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the ida of us saying qutes

Mrs. Olson and Mrs. Gehrke said...

Yes, it was just laminated tonight so I'll put it up on the wall tomorrow morning for us to see. It turned our wonderful. What a team we have!!

Anonymous said...

i love the way they have that orginized!!!!:)

Anonymous said...

mrs.dupee and mrs. olsons class is the best in the whole 4th grade.

Anonymous said...

This blog is really helpfull! I use it alot. Class in Mrs.Dupee and Mrs.Olson's room is great! :)
But the one thing I don't like, is all of the homework! I don't think it's real fun to do but that's just what homework is.:(

Mrs. Olson and Mrs. Gehrke said...

Just think Phoebe... practice makes perfect so all this homework is just making you smarter and smarter!