Friday, December 4, 2009

The Drought Stopper




Is Mrs. Dupee Magic? No of course not... but I think I had them going for at least a little bit! :)

Today in science I showed them a magical invention called, "The Drought Stopper." You put 100ml into a container and out comes 500 ml! WOW.

After showing them the magic, they each created their own conceptual model of how they thought the mysterious box worked. It was really exciting to watch them come alive with excitement over the unknown.

After sharing with the class, we finally opened it up and showed them what was inside! This delighted many of them as they got pretty close with their ideas.

So no... Mrs. Dupee is not magic but it sure was fun trying to convince them otherwise. :)

1 comment:

Phoebe said...

I remember drawing my picture of what it would look like. (It didn't work!)